A Rich Heritage of Helping Rhode Islanders for More Than 150 Years
Goodwill Industries of Rhode Island is a comprehensive education and employment center committed to serving the needs of persons with disabilities and other barriers to employment.
Goodwill Industries of Rhode Island is the first rehabilitation agency in America with roots stretching back in the Rhode Island community to 1863. At that time, the agency was established as the Irrepressible Society and its mission was to meet the needs of Civil War Veterans who had been disabled.
By 1872, the mission broadened, and in that year the agency was officially approved by the Rhode Island legislature to perform general charitable work for the City of Providence. Read more...
News from Goodwill Industries of Rhode Island
- WPRO interviews Goodwill Industries of Rhode Island's President and CEO Jeffrey D. Machado
- Goodwill Named Disability Nonprofit of the Year
- Radio Interview with Gene Valicenti
- RIC Receives Goodwill Industries of R.I. Partnership Award
- LOPCO President Offers Sound Employment Advice for Goodwill Industries’ Clients