The primary function of the Employment Services Department is as follows:
- To develop and coordinate opportunities for vocational exploration, skills development and training, and employment in the community for individuals who have barriers to employment.To offer options to participants that reflect ability, consumer choice, interest, and need.
- To encourage employer participation in development of training options, curriculum, active labor market input and in long range planning for Employment Services.
- To maintain knowledge that is relevant to the current labor market and to provide program participants, staff and referral sources with accurate information regarding labor market standards, availability and other information.
- To assist employers with developing awareness and understanding of working with individuals who have barriers to employment.
- To serve as mentors and role models for program participants and staff with regard to labor market expectations.
- To protect client rights by insuring that they are given information regarding confidentiality, the ADA and the right to disclose or not disclose their disability as it pertains to employment.
All services provided by the Employment Services Department support the agency mission of maximizing the vocational potential of individuals with barriers to employment. Services include:
- Job Placement
- Work Experience
- Work Readiness
- Informational Interviews
- Job-Shadow Experience
- Situation Assessments